May 26, 2009

Little citizen books

Every parents worries about developing their chilren into little citizens. I was at the bookstore the other day and saw some children books titles to help! I loved this book. It is hilarious! Perfect for adults and children, I can just imagine the birdwatching to ensue! United Tweets of America: 50 State Birds by Hudson TalbottI love this book's illustrations and I think it is important for children to understand the symbols they see everyday. O, Say Can You See? by Keenan and Ann Boyajian

I think the illustrations are beautiful and I love how this book teaches children empathy for others that may be different. Free to Be You and Me by Marlo Thomas, Peter Reynolds

I have to admit I didn't vote for him but as a military wife, I recognize and truly value the importance of teaching children about our leaders and their role! I thought this title was a great way. It talks about his childhood and allows children to relate to our President. Barack Obama: Son of Promise, Child of Hope by Nikki Grimes and Bryan Collier

No comments:

Post a Comment